What's new from the Health Performance Council:
- 14 Mar 2019: We are pleased to welcome Ellen Fraser-Barbour as a new member of the Health Performance Council. Find out more.
- 08 Mar 2019: Our annual South Australian summary from the health indicators in the Productivity Commission’s Report on Government Services is now available.
- 07 Mar 2019: We held our regular bi-monthly meeting. Confirmed minutes from previous bi-monthly meetings are available for download via our Meeting minutes page.
- 31 Jan 2019: We have published our final report from our post-implementation review of Country Health SA’s Aboriginal Community & Consumer Engagement Strategy. Download the report or find out more.
- 21 Dec 2018: We completed our major 4-yearly review into the performance of the South Australian health system for the period 2015–2018. The review's report is now with the Minister for Health and Wellbeing and will be tabled in parliament within the first 12 sitting days of 2019 (expected to be no later than 4 April 2019). See our Reviews page for more information.
- 04 Dec 2018: Our Deputy Chair, Mary Patetsos, was a guest on community radio station, Radio Adelaide for the South Australian Council of Social Services' program, Small Change. Mary discussed with interviewer Lisa Burns the findings of our end-of-life care review (see our Reports page for a copy of the review); its key recommendations; and some of the challenges in meeting growing demand for high-quality end-of-life care services in South Australia. You can listen to the interview via the Radio Adelaide page.
- 15 Nov 2018: Our latest annual report, for 2017–18, was tabled in Parliament. All of our annual reports are available for download.
- 05 Nov 2018: We published our Revisit review of South Australia’s Palliative Care Services Plan 2009‐16 with key recommendations for the Minister for Health and Wellbeing to improve end-of-life care across South Australia. For more information, see our Reports page.
- 26 Oct 2018: We co-hosted the tenth Aboriginal Leaders' Forum. Delegates were updated on progress of priority areas in Aboriginal health identified with the Premier at the previous forum; the South Australian Aboriginal Affairs Action Plan; and Closing the Gap. For more information, see our Get involved page.
- 05 Oct 2018: We hosted a webinar to share with stakeholders draft findings and recommendations of our post-implementation review of Country Health SA’s Aboriginal Community & Consumer Engagement Strategy. Find out more.
- 12 Sep 2018: We travelled to Berri and Renmark to talk to Riverland regional leaders and stakeholders firsthand about local health system issues and population health outcomes in their region. For more information, see our Get involved page.
- 10 Sep 2018: We completed a major refresh of our State of Our Health report, including updated information on prevalence of health risks (Chapter 3) and chronic conditions (Chapter 4) in the South Australian community. Wherever possible, data is presented over time; by SA Health local health network; by age and sex; and by socioeconomic status.
- 03 Sep 2018: SA Health provided its second annual update of progress against advice in our 2011-14 review.
- 13 June 2018: We responded to the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ consultation on topics for the 2021 Census. Download our response here (PDF, 418 Kb).
- 05 June 2018: We published our brief report into the health of people in prison in South Australia and their health outcomes compared to the rest of the population. Download the report here (PDF, 554 kB).
- 28 May 2018: We released our sixth and final report monitoring changes in indicators of access, equity, consumer/patient experience and staff engagement before and during the period of Transforming Health. For more information, see our Reports page.
Welcome to the online home of the Government of South Australia's Health Performance Council.
We are an independent body established under the Health Care Act 2008 to support a more co-ordinated health system in South Australia.
The health system is complex. We contribute to transparency and accountability about:
- health outcomes for South Australians, including particular population groups, which we monitor with the State of Our Health online report;
- operation of the South Australian health system, including how it is engaging individuals and communities; and
- any other relevant, significant issues related to the South Australian public and private health systems.
Find out more about:
- Who we are and what we do, including:
- The statistics that we publish
- The reports that we produce
- How we consult and how you can get involved
- The major reviews we undertake
We acknowledge the resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in achieving personal, family and community wellbeing despite adverse social, environmental and economic factors.