Welcome to the online home of the Government of South Australia's Health Performance Council.
We are an independent body established under the Health Care Act 2008, set up to support a more co-ordinated health system in South Australia after hospital boards were abolished.
The health system is complex. Our four-yearly reviews of the health system’s performance contribute to transparency and accountability about:
- health outcomes for South Australians, including particular population groups, which we monitor with the State of Our Health online report;
- operation of the South Australian health system, including how it is engaging individuals and communities; and
- any other relevant, significant issues related to the South Australian public and private health systems.
Find out more about:
- Our contributions to improved health system quality and efficiency
- How we are evaluating what works well in the health system and what can be improved
- Findings and advice we have provided to the Minister for Health.
We acknowledge the resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in achieving personal, family and community wellbeing despite adverse social, environmental and economic factors.