- 21 Sep 2017: We met for our regular bi-monthly meeting. Confirmed minutes from previous bi-monthly meetings are available for download via our Meeting minutes page.
- 8 Sep 2017: We released two case study reports to the public, Aboriginal health in South Australia: 2017 case study and Revisit review of Country Health Advisory Councils' governance. See our Reports page for more information.
- 24 Aug 2017: We hosted a webinar with Country Health Advisory Councils (HACs) and Country Health SA to discuss findings from our latest case study into HACs governance. A recording of the webinar and slidedeck from the presentation is available on our Reports page.
- 14 Aug 2017: We released our July 2017 indicator report monitoring the implementation of Transforming Health. This is the third edition of the report, containing updated quarterly data from Q1 2007-08 to Q3 2016-17. For more information, see our Reports page.
- 20 June 2017: We hosted our second Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities (CALD) Leaders' Forum, welcoming over 60 delegates to the one day meeting. The output report from the forum is available for download on our Get involved page.
- 14 June 2017: We presented at the Combined Health Advisory Council Conference. The annual conference is organised by the country HAC Presiding Members Panel and provides country HAC members an opportunity to share their experiences and hear from other country HACs. HPC presented the emerging findings from its revisit to the 2011 review of country HAC governance arrangements. For more information, see our Get involved page.
- 31 May 2017: We co-hosted the seventh Aboriginal Leaders' Forum with SAHMRI's Wardliparingga unit. This forum featured the launch of HPC's 2017 Aboriginal Health Case Study consultation draft report and presentation by the SA Aboriginal Chronic Disease Consortium on implementation of the SA Aboriginal Heart and Stroke Plan 2017-2021; the SA Aboriginal Diabetes Strategy 2017-2021; and the SA Aboriginal Cancer Control Plan 2016-2021. The output report from the forum is available for download on our Get involved page.
- 6 Apr 2017: We looked at how South Australia compares with other states and territories for selected health performance indicators in the 2017 Report on Government Services. For more information, see our Reports page.
Welcome to the online home of the Government of South Australia's Health Performance Council.
We are an independent body established under the Health Care Act 2008, set up to support a more co-ordinated health system in South Australia after hospital boards were abolished.
The health system is complex. We contribute to transparency and accountability about:
- health outcomes for South Australians, including particular population groups, which we monitor with the State of Our Health online report;
- operation of the South Australian health system, including how it is engaging individuals and communities; and
- any other relevant, significant issues related to the South Australian public and private health systems.
Find out more about:
- Who we are and what we do, including:
- The statistics that we publish
- The reports that we produce
- How we consult and how you can get involved
- The major reviews we undertake
We acknowledge the resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in achieving personal, family and community wellbeing despite adverse social, environmental and economic factors.