- 30 Sep 2016: We've re-organised our website to make it easier for you to find information about who we are and the work we do. We value feedback, so tell us what you think!
- 23 Sep 2016: State of Our Health Chapters 3 and 4 updated with a comprehensive range of the latest health risk factor and chronic disease data for South Australia – all by Local Health Network, age & sex and socio-economic status.
- 2 Aug 2016: HPC appointed for its third term and we welcomed new members Brett Rowse, Debra Kay and Jennene Greenhill to the council.
Welcome to the online home of the Government of South Australia's Health Performance Council.
We are an independent body established under the Health Care Act 2008, set up to support a more co-ordinated health system in South Australia after hospital boards were abolished.
The health system is complex. We contribute to transparency and accountability about:
- health outcomes for South Australians, including particular population groups, which we monitor with the State of Our Health online report;
- operation of the South Australian health system, including how it is engaging individuals and communities; and
- any other relevant, significant issues related to the South Australian public and private health systems.
Find out more about:
- Who we are and what we do, including:
- The statistics that we publish
- The reports that we produce
- How we consult and how you can get involved
- The major reviews we undertake
We acknowledge the resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in achieving personal, family and community wellbeing despite adverse social, environmental and economic factors.